Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready for immediate shipment
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays (inside Germany)
- ISBN-10: 1787110613
- ISBN-13: 9781787110618
by Marc Cranswick
This book tells the complete BMW 5 series story, in the pre Bangle classic era, covering E12, E28, E34 and E39 models, the enthusiast cars that invented the modern sports sedan and created BMW's ultimate driving machine image.
Follow the evolution of BMW's middle child through the decades in all major markets. Marvel at the mystique of BMW's motorsport and exotic tuner cars reaching the 180mph milestone on V8 power.
Consider BMW's phoenix-like rise from the ashes of WWII, regaining its sports, luxury reputation, and powering on to become the ultimate business machine under chairman Eberhard von Kuenheim.
This new edition features 150 new pictures, new specification tables, updated text, a new "Meet the Tuners" section, and a new "easy use" index. The book also contains a foreword by Allen Hardy (America's first BMW tuner), and a contribution from Kevin Bird of Birds, the UK's first BMW Hartge tuning agent.
- Moving from 1945 to the E12 5 series
- Exports ahoy! BMW attacks the US market
- E12 High-tech - Ecology, Performance & Safety
- Motorsport 5 series - the early years
- The Evolutionary E28 5 series
- Gizmos, gadgets & diesels
- Atlantic crossing II
- The end of the road
- A clean slate - the all-new E34A series hits town
- 4x4 Tourings, Tuners & V8s
- Lower the Atlantic
- Forging ahead - BMW unleasehs the new E39 5 series
- The return of a legend and a 4x4?
- BMW High Performance Digest - Tuners of M5 cars
Buch, Hardcover, 20,5 x 25 cm, 232 Seiten, 250 farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text