• Stunning contemporary photography, mostly in colour
• Year-by-year coverage of all the production models
• Detailed vehicle profiles for authenticity
• Reviews world markets to give a true picture of the cars available
• Produced with the full co-operation of the factory
• Serves as an invaluable guide as the W123 becomes more collectable
• Written by an acknowledged motoring historian
• Includes detailed appendices on range, engines, and production figures
• Until now, little information has been available in English
• Written by a long-term Mercedes owner and enthusiast
The definitive history of the entire Mercedes-Benz W123 series. From the saloons/sedans, coupés, and estates/wagons, to LWB and chassis only vehicles, this book contains an overview of all the models sold in each of the world's major markets. Packed full of information and contemporary illustrations sourced from the factory.
At last, the definitive history of the hugely-successful Mercedes-Benz W123 series, written in English and by renowned motoring writer Brian Long. Produced in saloon/sedan, coupé, estate/wagon, LWB and chassis only form, around 2,700,000 examples of the W123 series were sold between 1976 and 1986, and, thanks to the full co-operation of the factory in Stuttgart, this book covers each and every variant from a worldwide sales perspective. Packed full of information and contemporary colour photography, it is the perfect resource for W123 enthusiasts and followers of Mercedes lore.
The W123 series, with its many variants, was a huge sales success for Mercedes-Benz. Until now, very little has been made available in the English language. Information direct from the factory, and contemporary photography to aid those looking for authenticity, combine to make this a must-have resource.
Covers the period 1976-1986 and all Mercedes-Benz W123 series variants, including saloons/sedans, coupés, estates/wagons, LWB and chassis only vehicles.
|Ondertitel||All models 1976 to 1986|
|Over de auteur(s)||Born in Coventry, once the heart of the British motor industry, Brian Long is a professional writer with a passion for vintage and sporting machinery. A trained mechanical engineer and a long-term Mercedes owner, he has had a strong connection with Daimler-Benz products for over two decades.
Married to Miho, and with two children (Louis and Sophie-Mercedes), Brian now lives just outside Tokyo and spends much of his free time with Thoroughbred horses. He has had over 60 books published, including many works on Japanese marques.|
|Taal||Engels l English|
|Binding||Gebonden, met stofomslag l Hardbound, with dustjacket|
|Kleur||Deels kleur l Part colour: 388350|
|Afmetingen||250 x 250 mm|