• The full history of the R230 SL models
• Home market models are covered in great detail
• Covers export markets, including the US, UK and Japan
• Detailed appendices
• Contemporary photography helps with future restorations
• Contemporary brochures and adverts reproduced
• Includes an in-depth look at the SL precursors to the R230
• Written by a recognised motoring author and historian
• Produced with the full co-operation of the factory
• Fourth in an established series of SL books by Veloce Publishing
Beginning with a look at the SL model's heritage, this book describes the full development and production history of a modern classic. Covering available models in all the major markets, year-by-year, and including limited editions, the data is supported by contemporary illustrations, sourced from the factory, plus in-depth appendices.
As time goes by, older SLs have tended to fall into the hands of collectors, often becoming too valuable or rare to use on a daily basis. The R230-series, however, launched just over a decade ago, allows the enthusiast to enjoy a genuine modern classic car that, thanks to its bloodlines, is guaranteed a place in automotive history.
With very few books written covering the newer SL models, this book – the fourth volume in a series by Brian Long and Veloce Publishing covering all Mercedes SL models – brings the complete story of the R230 to life.
An invaluable resource, it is not only the ideal reference work – both for fans of the Stuttgart marque, and for those looking for originality in their own car – but, with its stunning photography, and contemporary material gathered from all over the world, also makes a true connoisseur’s coffee table book.
Covers the following vehicles:
SL55 AMG (2002-2011)
SL65 AMG (2004-2011)
SL63 AMG (2008-2009)
Very little has been written about the newer SLs, with most books concentrating on the older models.
This book brings the complete story of the R230 to life.
Illustrated with contemporarthroughouty materials gathered from all over the world.