• First victory: Behra won the gruelling Pau GP by two laps.
• Finest hour: Fangio’s famous success in the Monaco GP, leading most of the way after skilfully avoiding the chicane mayhem that eliminated Moss, Hawthorn and Collins.
• Near miss: Behra outshone Fangio to lead half of the British GP until 2528’s clutch gave up.
• Home win: on Maserati’s doorstep, Behra dominated the two-heat Modena Grand Prix.
• Swansong: another win for Behra in Morocco, a race that turned out to be Maserati’s last with a works Formula 1 team.
• Privateer owners: more races with Francesco Godia Sales and Ettore Chimeri in 1958 and 1960.
• Rejuvenation: in the ownership of Charles Lucas, 1964–71, 2528 was active in the early days of historic racing in Britain for cars of its era, winning many times.