Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 0981827209
- ISBN-13: 9780981827209
by John Starkey
From its inception in 1963, until the present day, the Porsche 911 and its turbocharged twin, the 930, have dominated motor racing in the GT category. Here, for the very first time, is a book devoted totally to the last forty years of the 911 and 930 in racing.
Within these pages can be read the rise of the 911 and 930 to be all-conquering GT cars, from the modified air-cooled 911S's of 1966 to the fabulous twin turbo GT2.
Porsche won their first truly major International victory on the racing scene at the Daytona 24-Hours of 1973 with a 911 RSR.
Along the way, Porsche 911 and 930 race cars have matured through the R, RS, RSR, 934, 935, Group B and GT2. The highs (and lows!) of racing these fabulous machines are covered in this book.
The book also contains details, race by race, of the many competition 911s and 930s that have been built to take part in what Porsche considers their most important marketing tool: Motorsport.
- The early 911 racers - S, R, T/R
- The 911 matures - S/T
- The Porsche RS 2.7 Carrera
- The Porsche RSR Carrera
- Porsche IROC/RSR
- Porsche RS 3.0 Carrera
- 1974 Porsche RSR 3.0 Carrera
- The Porsche Turbo's arrival
- 1974 Porsche RSR Turbo Carrera
- 1976 Porsche 934
- 1976 "Works" Porsche 935
- Factory development - 1977 935/77
- 1977 customer 935/77
- A diversion - Porsche 935/2 "Baby"
- 1978 & 1979 customer Porsche 935s
- Factory racer - Porsche 935/78
- The Kremer Porsche K3 and K4
- Customer development - the 935 "Specials"
- From Group "B" to Porsche GT2
- Final versions
Buch, Hardcover, 21,5 x 23,5 cm, 872 Seiten, 45 farbige und 265 s/w-Abbildungen, englischer Text