|In 1952 a new generation of high-speed Bentley is introduced with the name Continental. Their success was so great that production of the Continental continued on the next S 1 Continental, S 2 Continental and S 3 Continental models until 1965.
The story of these iconic cars is widely described in the new book of Nubes Argentea ‘Continental Journeys’, written by Davide Bassoli.
Every coachbuilt style is extensively described and completed by a selection of high quality pictures taken personally by the author. The sketch of this golden era of the Bentley Continental is completed by an historical and technical analysis. Two detailed lists provide the details of every Continental built, with specific information about original owners, colours and extras.
- Every one of the 45 coachbuilt styles is documented with previously unreleased pictures and production list
- Historical section for each Bentley Continental series
- A colour drawing of the R Type Continental chassis
- A dedicated chapter about the Continental colour range with actual sample of paint and leather
- Extensive lists of all the cars built, with information about body styles, original owners, dealers, colour paints and hides, original extras fitted