Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- ISBN-10: 1907085300
- ISBN-13: 9781907085307
by Gordon Murray and Philip Porter
A close collaboration between the legendary automotive designer Gordon Murray and award-winning author Philip Porter, this book is a two-volume blockbuster that has taken more than two years to complete. Covering in detail every one of Murray's 70+ designs, including those he never built, the books are comprehensive, detailed, punchy and fascinating.
Apart from the design story, much of it in Murray's own words, the books are packed with illustrations from his extraordinary archives, including pages from his notebooks, original sketches, correspondence, drawings and behind-the-scenes photographs. These are supplemented by stunning period racing shots by many leading motoring photographers.
The range and breadth of Gordon Murray's automotive designs is unique: from World Championship-winning Formula 1 cars to his extraordinary flat-packed vehicle for Africa, from his pre-eminent McLaren F1 supercar to brilliant tiny city cars, from the first sports car he built himself to his revolutionary iStream manufacturing system, it is all in these two heavy and ultra stylish volumes.
- Covers every single one of Gordon Murray’s designs, from 1967 to the present day, including his fascinating ‘Ghost Cars’ - designed but never built - and the inside story of some of the greatest cars ever made, including the Brabham BT49, the McLaren MP4/4 and the McLaren F1.
- Entertaining insight into the legendary Brabham BT46B ‘fan car’ that won the 1978 Swedish Grand Prix.
- Looks at the revolutionary iStream production process and the next generation of automotive designs.
- Contributions from key figures in Gordon’s career, including Bernie Ecclestone and Alain de Cadenet.
- Two-volume set with almost 1000 pages in total, plus superb archive photography and a wide selection of Gordon’s own drawings, notes and sketches.
Buch, Hardcover, 2 Bände im Schuber, 30 x 30 cm, insges. 948 Seiten, ca. 1.200 überwiegend farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text